The highlight of the monastic complex is the current cloister, designed by Juan de Badajoz in 1537 and finished in 1604 with the participation of important artists who raised its walls and carved the profuse ornamentation, composed by characters from both the Old – Prophets, patriarchs, judges, priests, heroines, and the New Testament – apostles, evangelists, church fathers and civil characters – kings, queens, emperors and empresses- or religious – pontiffs, cardinals, doctors, monks and saints. The lower cloister has two different heights and is built with five arches between thick prismatic buttresses, while the top one opens up with half point arches. The cloister is connected to the church through an arched entrance between vertical columns. The temple, from the seventeenth century, is one nave only covered by barrel vaults and a dome over the transept. It has choir at the feet, with seatings and baroque organ. The doorway is attributed to Felipe Berrojo and has two parts with images of saints. The monastery also has other more modest, neoclassical patio.